Behind the Wheel Training
Introducing the Instrumental Panel.
You are required to know and understand the vehicle instrument panel
- Speedometer, Tachometer, Odometer, Fuel Gauge, Temperature Light or Gauge,
- Oil Pressure Warning or Gauge, Alternator Warning Light or Gauge, Brake System Warning Light,
- Antilock Braking System Light, Safety Belt Light, Airbag Warning Light, Turn Signal Indicator Light,
- High Beam Indicator, and Hazard Flasher Control Other Devices
- Heater, Air Conditioner, and Defroster
- Hood Release Lever, Turn Signal Lever, Windshield Wiper, Washer Fluid,
- Horn, Ignition and Starter Switch
- Adjusting your Seat and Mirror
- Adjust the seat for comfort and inside rearview mirror, and adjust the left and right outside rearview mirrors, steering wheel, and seat belts
- Starting the Vehicle and Putting the Vehicle in Motion
- Place foot on brake, shift into drive, and release parking break, put your turn signal on and do a head check, in the direction that you are going, when it is safe to do so. ! Good Luck and Safe Driving !
You will learn both basic and critical skills.
- Left and Right Turn.
- Parallel Parking.
- Perpendicular Parking.
- 3 Point Turn.
- Space Cushion.
- Including Limited Access Highway.
- Yield The Right Of Way.
- Zero tolerance for rolling stop.